Eliminating Cellulite ( Water Retention and Toxin ) with Healthy Lifestyle
Partly due to the different structure of the skin, and the fact that women have more underlying fat, women suffered more than 8times than men in Cellulite problem.
The problem is mainly due to water retention plus an accumulation of toxins in the body, which have weakened the connective tissue just below the surface of the skin. It is much less common In female athletes who have very low body fat.
Some Helpful Tips
- Massage in any form is beneficial as it increases circulation and lymph drainage. if you are not able to treat yourself to a massage on a weekly basis, invest in a skin brush, which increases circulation and helps eliminate toxins from the body. Skin brushes are available from all health shops and the Body Shop.
- Detox body oil (juniper, rosemary, grapefruit and fennel) helps detoxify and firm the body by improving microcirculation, oxygenation and elimination. Juniper and fennel are natural diuretics.
- Begin taking more exercise to improve on circulation and eliminates toxins, Rebounding in yoga could be helpful too inÂ your quest to reduce cellulite.
- If you need to lose weight, do it gradually as losing weight is an on-going process. Furthermore, losing weight too rapidly and quickly could makes the appearance of cellulite look worse.
Foods to Avoid
- High-fat foods, refined carbohydrates such as mass-produced cakes and biscuits plus meat pies and pastries.
- Foods with a high salt content such as tinned foods, pre-packaged foods and take-aways, which also tend to contain a lot of saturated fats.
- Also avoid too much coffee and alcohol, which place a strain on the liver, which is already struggling to deal with the toxins from your diet. The more you take care of your liver, the more your skin will improve.
- Eat plenty of complex carbohydrates like beans, lentils, fruits, vegetables, and brown rice. These foods help increase the rate of metabolism, making fat deposits less likely and increase elimination of toxins from the body.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water and add organic seeds like sunflower, pumpkin and linseed to fruits salads and cereals.
- Pectin in apples helps to absorb and eliminate toxins – eat an organic apple daily.
- The herb gotu kola is by far the best-researched and most successful remedy for cellulite when taken orally. Try 500mg 3 times a day for 2-3 months.
- A multi-vitamin and mineral daily.
- Horse chestnut cream, gel or lotion applied twice a day reduces some of the swelling and discomfort and helps to strengthen the connective tissues, which tend to be damaged when you have cellulite. Available from all good health stores.
- Cellulite tincture contains bladderwrack, alfalfa, horse chestnut, dandelion and gotu kola to improve micro circulation, elimination and oxygenation, as well as speeding up the metabolism.